Premium credit cards have become the most popular in recent years all over the world. The card comes with hefty annual fees and generous credit limits for customers. The best credit cards in India also comes with a slew of extra perks, making it the card of choice for tens of thousands of people. Some people want it as a status symbol, while others want it for the benefits it provides.
However, the annual and membership costs for these credit cards may be greater than for other generic credit cards, but the reasons for this are evident. If you get this card, you’ll get a lot of benefits, including a wide range of luxury and leisure services.
Some Best Premium Credit Cards in India
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card
HDFC Infinia credit cardholders are eligible for a complimentary Club Marriott membership, which features unique luxury benefits such as a 20% discount on food and beverage at select restaurants.
- At certain hotels, you can get a 15% discount.
- A credit limit of at least Rs. 8 lakhs is required.
- Both primary and secondary cardholders have unlimited access to lounges within and outside of India.
- On all foreign currency transactions, the lowest foreign currency mark-up cost is 2%.
- Earn 5 points for every $150 spent at all retail stores, including insurance, utilities, education, and rent payments.
- Customer service is given top priority.
- Personal Concierge Services Around the World – 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
- With our Global Concierge Assistance, you may personalise your travel, entertainment, and work experiences.
Platinum Reserve Credit Card from American Express
- Every year you renew your membership, you receive many cinema and online shopping vouchers.
- At Taj Hotel Palaces Resorts Safaris and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, you can get special discounts on dining and other perks.
- Get a free Priority Pass membership.
- Additional benefits include golf lessons and concierge services.
- Access to airport lounges is complimentary.
- MakeMyTrip.com offers great discounts on trip packages.
- Access to American Express lounges in India is complimentary.
- On Fortis healthcare, Max Healthcare, and Texas Medical Concierge, you can get special health and fitness perks.
- Get a dedicated concierge service that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Ultimate Credit Card from Standard Chartered Bank
This card is ideal for those who desire to live a luxurious lifestyle. Dining and travel benefits are included with the card.
- Get a 5% cashback on duty-free purchases.
- Concierge services are available around the clock.
- Every $150 spent with your card earns you 5 reward points.
- You will receive a complimentary Priority Pass membership, which includes access to free airport lounges all over the world.
- Get up to $1 million in air travel accident insurance.
- More than 450 tourist spots throughout the world provide a 25% discount on a few immigration services.
- Get up to a 25% discount on your dining bill at over 250 restaurants around India.
- International spending is subject to a 2% markup.
- Free access to some of India’s best golf courses
Citibank Prestige Credit Card
This card is ideal for those who enjoy shopping and travelling, or for those who want to live a wealthy lifestyle.
- The reward rate ranges from 2% to 10%.
- Priority passes provide unlimited access to the lounge.
- The card comes with four add-on cards.
- Airmiles and hotel loyalty programmes can be used to redeem your reward points.
- Upgrading from Premier Miles can be simple.
- For every 100 rupees spent in India, you will receive 1 reward point, and for every 100 rupees spent worldwide, you will receive 2 reward points.
Almost every premium credit card comes with significant lifestyle benefits, such as complimentary airport lounge access, travel benefits, and dining and lodging discounts. Aside from all of this, rewards and reward redemption rates are also significant factors to consider when choosing a premium credit card.
These are some basic items to look for, but the most crucial thing to look for is intriguing offers, advantages, and, most importantly, your needs. Remember that having a premium credit card in your wallet might help you save money, especially if you are a frequent shopper or traveller. So, before you choose one, consider twice.