The next scary thing after the first trip home from the hospital is likely to be putting the baby down for the first time. You can keep an eye on your baby with monitors that provide audio and/or video surveillance. This gives you some relative peace of mind.
Baby monitor can be used to keep an eye on your baby while they sleep. This allows you to enjoy Netflix without worrying about your baby. Your baby should be in your room for the first six month. However, most parents use a monitor to keep an eye on their child at night and when they are awake during the day. It’s easier than ever to keep an eye on your baby.
It is not an easy task to choose the best baby monitor. There are many choices: Do you want an audio or video baby watch?
What is a baby-monitoring device?
The essential kit includes a transmitter for your baby and a monitor you can carry around with you to hear if he wakes. There are many options, and which baby monitor is right for you? It will depend on what you have in mind and what additional features you need. Make sure that the monitor’s electrical cords are away from your baby’s play area or cot. This will prevent them from getting caught in them.
Before you buy, make sure you check the range and clarity of the monitor. Also consider the size and layout of your home. You need to be aware that even if you have a cup of tea in your kitchen, your baby will start crying if you pour it into the microwave. Monitors at the lower end of the price range will have a narrower range. However, monitors at the highest end will have greater range.
Older homes may have thicker walls, which can cause interference with the signal. However, signal strength is higher in modern homes. The majority of baby monitors uses digital radio frequencies and will not pick up any sounds from other children’s nursery. You may be able to choose from a variety of channels, which is useful for those who live in dense urban areas, where interference can be more common.
What Features Should You Pay Attention To?
Many parents love the cost-effective, audio-only monitor that allows them to hear their baby’s cries or gurgles. Modern technology has many clever features that parents will find useful.
- Video: Although not necessary, video baby monitors will allow you to view your baby’s movements and sleep patterns via the mini screen attached to the parent unit.Some Wi-Fi baby-monitors allow remote access so that you can monitor your baby from anywhere, whether you’re at work or at home.
- Temperature: To reduce SIDS risk, there are clear guidelines. Some monitors can show you the room temperature and notify you if it’s too hot or too cold.
- Night lights: These monitors come with in-built night lights that will help your baby rest peacefully at night.
- Light display: Many little ones love light displays. This monitor projects a light display onto the wall of your baby.
- These lights can be activated by sound and will alert you if your baby makes a noise while you’re watching TV or doing chores such as vacuuming, or playing with older kids.
- Movement sensor: This feature is only available on higher-end models. It is connected to a pad placed under your baby’s mattress. If the movement is not detected, it will sound an alarm.
- Remote control: You can control certain features of your baby’s monitor without entering their bedroom and disturbing them.