How to Fix a Communication Error on Epson Printer?
Since the introduction of Epson printers to the printing business the people seem to enjoy their work more than they have ever before thanks to the printers’ amazing features and top-of-the-line technological capabilities. In the course of time different models of Epson printers came out with new and exciting features that have little or no issues whatsoever. However, one should be prepared for any mistake in dealing with machines and technology.
While Epson printers aren’t prone to coming with major issues however, minor issues may pop up simultaneously and you need to be prepared for this. The majority of Epson printer communication error that occur that prevent them from being able to communicate with your computer. In the end, you are unable to continue printing unless you correct the issue.
There are a variety of communication issues that can be seen in different forms. For instance, in some instances, your printer will say that it isn’t printing or it will say ‘printer is stopped. But, both of these errors aren’t difficult to eliminate. After reading this article, will know how to solve the most basic issues with communication Epson printers. So, let’s get started!
What is the reason why my Epson printer display communication issues?
As previously mentioned communications issues with Epson printers are among the most frequently occurring and frequent errors. There are a variety of reasons that cause the issue. It is vital to understand the root of any technology error so it will be simpler to fix the issue later. Let’s look at the likely causes for this Epson printer’s communication issue;
1. Connections to cables that are loose
The loss of cable connections can make your printer show up with errors in communication. This is why you should to determine if you’ve properly connected the one part of the cable to the Epson printer and the other end is connected to your PC. Additionally, examine the power cable.
2. Incompatible USB cables
According to studies, there’s occasions where users attempt to establish connections to the Epson printers and their PCs by using old connection USB cables. But, if you’re making the same error it is important to know that there is a high chance that you will encounter an error in communications.
3. Incorrect configuration between computer and Epson printer
Some users aren’t aware of how to establish connections between computer and Epson printers and leave out crucial aspects during the process of setting up. To avoid making errors, we recommend that you install your printer on the computer using the instructions which are usually included with Epson printers.
4. Network issues
If you have an wireless Epson printer, you may have issues with communication in your printer. The main reason for this issue is the network connectivity problems that are typically encountered when using wireless Epson printers, since they’re a bit more complex than wired printers.
5. Printer drivers that are out of date
A printer driver that is outdated could cause the error in communication between printers and computers, which could result in several errors. If, for instance, you are using outdated drivers for your printer your printer won’t be able to detect communication errors However, you could encounter any other errors could be present.
How can you solve a communication issue on an Epson printer?
If you’re also dealing with an Epson printer communication issue There is no need to worry about it at all. The method for fixing these errors is quite simple. In the beginning, you must determine the root for the cause of your Epson printer’s failure to communicate and then apply one of the solutions listed below according to the specifications.
1. Start by rebooting the entire system.
Before proceeding to the fixes for your printer start by restarting your computer or laptop system.
- You must shut off your computer and pull off all USB cables that connect your computer to the main power source or printer.
- Then, you must rest for a while until you switch on your computer and connect it to your printer. Then, you can determine whether this fix the issue.
2. Evaluate your Wi-Fi connections
- You must ensure that your Wi-Fi network is functioning properly. To verify this, go to into the Epson Printer’s Control Panel, and instruct to print the page of configuration in order to verify the IP address.
- There is a chance that you will see an error message that says ‘duplicate IP address. If that’s the case, then you have to update it.
- You must then return to the control panel, and locate the option “troubleshooting. Make sure you click it. After that, you’ll be required to click on the option “network problems.
- The next step is navigate to ‘network diagnostics’ section on your PC or Epson printing settings.
- After you’ve completed the network diagnostic test you can determine the condition of the wi-fi connectivity for your printer.
3. Download the most current printer drivers.
- Before you can install the most recent drivers for your printer it is essential to remove the outdated ones. Reinstalling your printer driver is quite simple. All you have to do is on the Start button of your computer and click on the ‘settings icon’ on your screen. This looks like an gear.
- Then, a window will pop up that displays the settings for Windows on your computer. There, you’ll see the printers and drivers option and you can click it. The next step is to search for the Epson printer, in addition to other choices.
- Right-click on Epson printer and choose properties. Then, you need to mouse click to the Driver’s Tab in order to remove the driver.
- Go to the official website for Epson printers to download the latest driver for the model of your printer by clicking on the “support” tab.
- To install the updated drivers, follow the steps carefully as they will show the screen of your computer.
4. Help troubleshoot the Epson printer
- First, go to the ‘start menu’ of your computer and then click on the ‘settings’ icon. It looks like a gear, which is was mentioned previously.
- The ‘windows settings’ for your computer on the screen.
- Then, search for ‘troubleshooting’ on the search bar in order to see it displayed on your screen.
- Click on the Epson troubleshooting printer’ option.
- Then, you must go to the audio and hardware section. Select print option.
- Finally, you must choose the Epson printer model and then troubleshoot to fix the issue.
5. You can try resetting the Epson printer
If the solutions mentioned above do not be effective Try resetting your Epson printer in case you experience an issue where the printer says “printer is not responding,” or some similar error. The only thing you have to do is download the ‘resitter’ software and then run the file you downloaded. After downloading the correct file, you must hit the reset button on the back of your Epson printer.
In the final
Undoubtedly, the errors in communication in your Epson printer will cost you time and money. But, these issues don’t give you any problems when trying to solve these issues. In this post, we’ve attempted to provide a concise overview of the probable causes for Epson printer’s communication problems and the best way to fix them quickly without knowing anything about technical details.
We hope that it proves beneficial!